Monday, March 15, 2010

Pothole gardens

In our neighborhood, the Oakland roads are poorly maintained and deteriorating. Given all the economic troubles in our fair city, I was resigned to just watch our potholes get larger and larger, but then I saw this project by Pete Dungey. Mr. Dungey is planting gardens in British potholes to highlight the problem in the UK. If Oakland finds cash, I'm hoping they fund the schools or some other vital services. While we wait for better financial times, I am inspired to make a little beauty happen. If i get anything to grow in the swimming-pool sized one on our street, I'll post photos.
Images from Pete Dungey. Via Apartment Therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at the lab, we value nice. Gratuitous web links, spam, or general snarkiness will be deleted.