Friday, March 4, 2011

Discovered En Route...

I was trolling Craigslist in search of the elusive new dining room table when I came across a posting for refurbished Thonet chairs. The tiny photo grabbed me. What was that? Maps? Printed on the chairs? And are they sitting in the sun on the Embarcardero?
Turns out they are vintage maps of SF. I had to know more. Following the yellow-brick-links led me to their creator, En Route Studio, which is now my latest lab crush. You know I'm a sucker for a good furniture rescue. Here we have mid-century furniture reupholstered with custom silk-screened fabrics. I'm in love!
Since I don't even have the money for knock-off Thonets, much less Thonets repurposed as works of art, I thought I'd do the next best thing--share them with you. Enjoy!

Images from En Route Studio.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for finding us at En Route Studio! We are so undergound, I'm surprised. :) We are also making custom-built (recycled interior wood frames) chairs and rugs.

    Here is our etsy store with some of our latest things up for grabs: http://www.etsy.com/shop/EnRouteStudio

    Hint-hint, our first 'custom chair build' clients get a chair built at a steal for $300.

    xoxo,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. We underground Bay Area entities have to stick together. Thanks for the tip on the $300 chair. Hope you have some takers.

    Best,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Here at the lab, we value nice. Gratuitous web links, spam, or general snarkiness will be deleted.