Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Picnic in eco-style

I've been researching materials lately, and I ran across Verterra. Hard to believe, but these eco-friendly dishes are made from fallen leaves and water. That's all--no plastics, binders, adhesives, lacquers, or other chemicals. The resulting product is porous, so it isn't recommended for reuse, but probably would hold up to multiple washings if you're careful. In photos, they're lovely. 

We usually party with either real plates or basic Chinet (also compostable in our industrial city system), but the first really good excuse I have to use these, I'm placing an order*. So pretty!

*If I ever see these in person, I'll update this post.

Images from Verterra. Discovery via Lunar's materials guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at the lab, we value nice. Gratuitous web links, spam, or general snarkiness will be deleted.