Friday, April 20, 2012

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah

The amazing curators over at Fab* tipped me off to the work of Montreal artist Vanessa Yannow. She's very versatile, and there's a lot of variety on her website. However, it's the zipper necklaces that got me. 


There's something the juxtaposition of fancy art glass and the mundane zipper, plus seeing the metal teeth next to bare skin, that really works for me. I don't know if there's anything really green about these, but the concept lends itself to salvaged zippers and a variety of pull ornaments. I'd love to see these in person.

*Note: The Fab sale is over, but you can see more of Vanessa's work at her web site.

Images from Vanessa Yannow. Via Fab.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at the lab, we value nice. Gratuitous web links, spam, or general snarkiness will be deleted.