Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Etsylicious: Bottoms up, again!

So, I have these fantastic juice glasses made from recycled Boylan's soda bottles. They have survived bangs and drops and other abuse without even a chip. However, after 2 years and 4,375,296* cycles through the dishwasher, the screen-printing is starting to fade. My first instinct was to straight up replace them, because we love them--They're quirky and fun and my 5-year-old likes to read the labels. Without the graphics, they are serviceable, but not as charming. I went onto Etsy looking for replacements...

While I was poking around looking for new glasses, I found this. I don't need a menorah, but if I did, I'd like to think our family would enjoy one made from the recycled necks of tequila bottles and a salvage wine barrel stave.

Oh, in case you're dying to know, we're going for these. Same idea as our original set, but with no printing to wear off.

*estimated



Images from YAVA Glass and BottleHood.on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at the lab, we value nice. Gratuitous web links, spam, or general snarkiness will be deleted.