Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Reclaimed school desks. Wow!

I love vintage school things--old chalkboards, old desks. I like the graffiti past, the idea of all those students, bored, wallowing in teenage angst, waiting for the lunch or recess bell, carving their names or doodling on the surfaces. I'm not the only one, and occasionally I'll find an artist who is doing something really interesting with them, like Ben Turnbull. That brings us to today's subject, the Japanese architecture firm Sschemata, who have used epoxy to create a whole series of "Flat Tables." The school desks are by far my favorites.
I just scored a pair of these off Freecycle, and now I'm inspired.

Images from DesignBoom. Via Design Klub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at the lab, we value nice. Gratuitous web links, spam, or general snarkiness will be deleted.